When we talk about structural wellness from a chiropractic perspective, we are talking about resolving structural imbalances and supporting proper biomechanics.
Chiropractic maintenance care is effective because it allows patients to preserve good spinal biomechanics and smooth, pain-free joint mobility.
Whether you are suffering from a new injury or chronic pain, West Edmonton Family Chiropractic Studio can put you you in the right path to wellness.
As part of evaluating your spine, we will often send our patients to have x-rays done.
Did you know?
Sitting and standing with proper postural alignment allows you to work more efficiently and with less fatigue and strain on your body’s muscles and spine. Talk to your chiropractor about breaking poor postural habits today, and feel the stress and tension melt away as you improve!
How correcting vertebral subluxation can enhance your life.
Chiropractic is the practice and science of detecting and correcting vertebral subluxation [sub’luk-sa´shun] – which occurs when one or more of the bones in your spine, skull or pelvis becomes improperly aligned or loses its ability to move properly.
While pain is one of the most common symptoms, subluxation can lead to far more devastating conditions. It alters nerve function within the spinal cord and within the nerve roots exiting the spine, which connect the brain to every cell, organ and tissue in the body. Subluxation is commonly the underlying cause of muscle spasms and tension, swelling and abnormal sensations of numbness or tingling. Left uncorrected for a long period of time, subluxation causes spinal degeneration in the bones, joints, discs, and surrounding soft tissues in the spine.
Enjoy much more than relief from pain.
We know that back pain, neck pain, headaches, sciatica and disc herniations can take away from your enjoyment of life, work, family, fun and relationships. The good news is that chiropractic is the best evidence-based, natural health-care solution for these problems. Research proves it, and chiropractic is rated as number one for both short term and long term patient satisfaction.
Chiropractic provides relief by systematically finding and correcting vertebral subluxation.
Specific chiropractic adjustments, based on a careful examination and analysis of your spine, result in a normalizing and calming effect in your spinal joints, nerve receptors and spinal cord. This also results in a relaxation response in muscles that are in spasm surrounding a subluxation. The pain disappears because movement is restored, and the negative pain signals to the brain from improperly moving spinal segments get turned off.
All this being said, it might surprise you that pain relief is not the top focus of chiropractic care in our office. We focus on correcting not only the underlying causeof your current symptoms, but we also provide appropriate care to avoid ongoing and future damage to your spine.
The health of the spine is directly related to our nerve system, which facilitates the health, healing and function of everything in our bodies. In addition, proper movement in the spine actually decreases fight-or-flight stress responses in the brain — a nice “side benefit” people appreciate. Less stress is directly related to better health!
When we decrease stress responses in the nerve system and relieve pressure from the spinal cord, we often see improvements in overall health within just a few weeks to months. Symptoms such as numbness and tingling, muscle weakness and organ system abnormalities often improve and begin to normalize.
The bottom line is that while we help alleviate pain in your back and neck, chiropractic care at West Edmonton Family Chiropractic Studio can help you enjoy your life more fully. We encourage everybody to have their spine checked for subluxation early in life and on an ongoing, regular schedule.
Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity. – World Health Organization
So the adjustment of the subluxation, to release pressure upon nerves, to restore mental impulse flow, to restore health, is big enough to rebuild the thoughts and actions of the world. – BJ Palmer
In addition to relief care, Chiropractic Spinal Reconstruction is an approach that focuses on correcting the alignment of the spine towards that which is known to be clinically and scientifically normal and optimal. This has benefits not only for the physical health of the spine itself, but also for the proper function of the spinal cord inside and nerve roots exiting the spine.
The number one influence affecting how your spine moves and how well your spinal cord is able to transmit vital nerve impulse to every cell, organ and tissue in your body is proper ALIGNMENT. Therefore, the effects of correcting poor spinal alignment are profound.
There are literally billions of processes and functions that are affected by improper spinal alignment. Here are just a few reasons why we embrace the Chiropractic Spinal Reconstruction approach:
- reduced spinal degeneration due to abnormal forces on spinal joints and discs (Wolff’s Law)
- decreased spinal cord tension and global nerve interference
- long term solution to chronic mechanical back or neck pain
- improved sensory and muscle function
- optimal nerve flow to organ systems
- enhanced physical performance
Subluxation Degeneration Wolff’s Law
- Chiropractic Spinal Reconstruction is strongly backed by biomechanics, neurology, physics and scientifically based technique systems that are scientifically proven to be effective. (visit our reference section). The most respected and researched spinal reconstruction technique system is Chiropractic Biophysics (CBP). There are approximately 140 peer-reviewed publications involving CBP internationally and it is taught at many chiropractic colleges as part of the core curriculum. There are several different levels of certification and training within CBP and some chiropractors use it exclusively in their practices, while others use it as part of their clinic skill set and patient services.
- The analytical tools used with Chiropractic Spinal Reconstruction include a complete health profile, including a history of health problems and traumas, a physical examination of the spine and a detailed analysis of your posture, and in most cases includes x-ray analysis.
- There are many different types of adjusting techniques utilized to accomplish spinal reconstruction including hands-on, table-assisted and instrument adjusting. In our clinic we incorporate CBP, in addition to other chiropractic techniques. Patients are also engaged in the process with Spinal Reconstruction Exercises which are prescribed and specific to each individual’s need.
- In our clinic, we incorporate the most current and advanced chiropractic techniques known to our profession to restore proper movement and alignment of the spine. We believe this is the best and most comprehensive approach to health of the spine and nerve system, for both short symptom relief and a lifetime of good health.
Experience a FULL OUT life.
At West Edmonton Family Chiropractic Studio, our goal is to help you and your family experience a lifetime of good health and living – to be able to live FULL OUT. That’s why it’s so important to correct problems before they become chronic and hard to fix. We established supportive and wellness care programs to check your spine regularly for subluxation acquired from daily living. Ideal posture, ergonomics, flexibility and core strengthening are also necessary to prevent problems and to maintain and support spinal adjustments.
Billions of neurological and cellular functions occur in your body daily, primarily unconsciously, controlled and coordinated through your brain and the complex nerve system traveling through your spinal cord. Having a health spine allows your body the function the way that God designed it.
Our big WHY…
Optimal health and wellness go hand-in-hand with your ability to go after your dreams and goals in life, whether that’s being the best mother, father or grandparent you can be, or becoming the best athlete, performer, worker or professional possible.
At West Edmonton Family Chiropractic Studio our passion is spinal health care, but our purpose is people. We periodically provide workshops and seminars that help people set out their goals and discover the “WHY” of their lives. While the workshops are often health related, we also enjoy helping you develop skills and disciplines required for high achievement, success and joy in life. Ultimately, we want you to live healthy and FULL OUT in all areas of your life.
In addition to our in-house workshops, as part of our commitment to educate and help our community we make our time and services available for speaking engagements including:
- Corporate & Workplace Wellness talks
- Service & Special Interests groups
- Church or social club presentations
- Spinal screenings & presentations for sports associations
- School and classroom presentations
“Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed.
“If you don’t know where you are going, you’ll end up someplace else.”
— Yogi Berra
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
— Winston S. Churchill
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.”
— Ralph Waldo Emerson
“The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. ”
— Walt Disney Company
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future”.