What is Pilates?
Pilates is a form of exercise developed by Joseph H. Pilates. His methodology and design of his exercises focus on creating a balanced body. A balanced body is a conditioned body that moves with strength, flexibility, and endurance. It focuses on core strength and stability, which includes stabilizing the pelvic and shoulder girdle and maintaining postural alignment while in motion.
Who Benefits from Pilates?
The short answer...EVERYONE!
Get the body you’ve always wanted:
- Stronger and more stable Core
- Longer, leaner muscles
- Relief from stress or back pain
- Better posture, balance, and coordination
- Enhance mind-body awareness
- Injury prevention
- Effective post-rehabilitation program
- Compliment to athletic training
For pricing details please visit: www.corestrengthpilates.ca/prices
What to expect for your first class:
- Wear gym clothes
- Bottle of water & towel
- Introduction to Pilates by learning the basic principles of proper alignment and equipment safety
- Instruction of the fundamental movements